USP’s uniform is a means of showing identity and pride in our school to the wider community. Observing how students wear their uniform often gives others lasting impressions of our school. Students who present themselves well will earn respect for themselves and the school because they have shown respect and pride in their appearance.
Personal appearance is very important and a high standard is expected of all students at all times, both inside USP campus and outside in the local community. We particularly ask for parents’ support and cooperation in this respect as the students are our ambassadors and how they look reflects on all of us. It is a symbol by which students are recognized within the community and it fosters a sense of belonging, pride for, and respect of the learning environment.
Full and correct uniform must be worn every day in and while traveling to and from USP. This also applies to after school activities, school events, and all school trips (unless otherwise instructed).
Due to biosecurity measures, USP will have 1 uniform look for 2022. The uniform will be sold at school (5 set package including socks) and it will consist of:
– Are to be tucked in to any short, skort, or pant.
– A minimum of the bottom 2 buttons must be buttoned.
– Buttoning the top button is optional.
– The length of the pant is meant to cut at the ANKLE.
– Pants are a “tailor fitted cut” meaning they are not meant to be baggy.
SKORTS / SHORTS
– The elastic band is to be worn at the hip and below the belly button.
– Refrain from rolling up the elastic band.
– The correct jacket length can be measured by ensuring that the USP logo on the pant, skort, or short that is worn below is visible.
– Socks are worn highest at mid-calf length.
– All socks have indicators for the correct left or right foot.
The purpose of DRY FIT is that when it is closest to the body, it dries faster. Throughout our day, our students are active and are expected to sweat. If the uniform is loose or baggy, it will become uncomfortable as it will take longer to dry. Please take the time to have your child try on their uniforms to check for correct fit and measurements. Garments may be exchanged if they have not been worn, washed, marked, or tagged.
Students should wear sports shoes (no particular color), preferably without laces for the younger children. We do not allow novelty shoes with flashing lights, squeaking noises or shoes which have the roller ball facility.
Hair should be neat, clean and of a natural color. Length, not below the shirt collar. If that is the case, hair must be tied back at all times.
Parents will receive a reminder from school administration on the first instance that the student does not abide by the dress code.
On the second instance, parents will be asked to bring the proper uniform to school and a note will be kept in the student’s file.
On the third and subsequent instances that the student does not follow the dress code, students will be sent home.